The kings new clothes
“Only 5 of every 10 Nigerian pupil in primary school transitions into secondary school” -World Bank
Collaborative: We are committed to acting honestly and fairly in ways that respect diversity and protect the dignity of those we serve.
Innovative: We are seeking new and effective ways to solve complex social problems.
Transparent: We are upfront about our intentions for social change and open in our communications
Ethical: We are committed to acting honestly and fairly in ways that respect diversity and protect the dignity of those we serve.
Developing physically, socially and mentally capable African Children
Through book reading, interactive and engaging leisure activities, help children value the pursuit of knowledge
Our Mission Statement
Books and Beyond
The Young African Bookworms Initiative is a non-profit, non -political Organization that was registered in 2015 to:
- Through book reading and leisure activities, help young children value the pursuit of knowledge and have a high appreciation for literature through book reading and leisure activities.
- Develop the physical, mental and spiritual capacity of young children, particularly female children through scholastic activities
- Promote access to equal opportunities for the Nigerian child
- Redefine book reading in children in an interactive and engaging manner and ensure that children have access to textbooks and other educational materials
- Uphold the fundamental rights of children and advocate for the education of female children in Northern Nigeria
- Discourage all forms of extremism in Nigeria
- Promote reintegration schemes for displaced children arising from acts of terrorism